Propane Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I decided that for some heat in a small area around the workbench in the garage, I'll try this hooked up to a 20 pound propane tank.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2351.jpg
    100_2351.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 100_2352.jpg
    100_2352.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 317
I've been eye-balling that exact model. My FIL has the little buddy one for ice fishing and loves it. Let me know how it works. I think the size is perfect for my barn, to go along with the wood stove that hopefully will be done in the next few weeks. You should be able to get almost a full 24 hours worth of heat out of a 20lb tank with the thing running on high.

southbound said:
How does it work????

You nice and toasty????

I'm getting the extra 20 pound tank filled Wednesday, so I'll fire it up Wednesday night. The outside temps are 26 degrees at this moment, early on it was 22.

I'll take this warm up coming in, I have Friday off so it looks like part of the day will be spent bucking up some downed cherry and like quads would say it's t-shirt weather. Calling for in the high 40's.

zap

Zap, I just got one this year and it appears that it will come in pretty handy. For sure inside with no wind it will help but outdoors it will be limited. Yet, there have been times I had to do things out in the wind and this could have been a blessing for sure. Just have to be close to it outdoors.

Danno77 said:
I've been eye-balling that exact model. My FIL has the little buddy one for ice fishing and loves it. Let me know how it works. I think the size is perfect for my barn, to go along with the wood stove that hopefully will be done in the next few weeks. You should be able to get almost a full 24 hours worth of heat out of a 20lb tank with the thing running on high.

I did get the tank filled tonight but had some other things I did so I'll fire this up Thursday night.

zap

Danno77 said:

I did get the tank filled tonight but had some other things I did so I'll fire this up Thursday night.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I just got one this year and it appears that it will come in pretty handy. For sure inside with no wind it will help but outdoors it will be limited. Yet, there have been times I had to do things out in the wind and this could have been a blessing for sure. Just have to be close to it outdoors.

Sav, I fired it up tonight when I was in the garage sharpening some chains. It works fine but not sure if I had a do over that I would buy again.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2356.jpg
    100_2356.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_2359.jpg
    100_2359.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 188
loon said:
box er back up and take it back ;-)

loon

I'll keep it, it does throw some decent heat.

zap

I have the exact same one I use in my ice fishing tent (shelter). It works great and I like the fact
that it has a low oxygen and tipover shutdown feature. It will run a long time on a 20lb tank.

Zap, did you try it on both settings?

In the deer blind I could use it on the low setting but not the high as that was too hot for that small space.

Backwoods Savage said:

In the deer blind I could use it on the low setting but not the high as that was too hot for that small space.

I used all the settings and the unit throws good heat, nothing wrong with the unit it just worries the wife. (carbon monoxide) We have a dector in the garage plus I had the window cracked top and bottom and it was fine.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

I used all the settings and the unit throws good heat, nothing wrong with the unit it just worries the wife. (carbon monoxide) We have a dector in the garage plus I had the window cracked top and bottom and it was fine.

zap
Zap, Sometimes these tend to smell a bit if used indoors. Hopefully it will burn clean for you, if not take it back as mentioned, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.