Propane price Delivered versus Dockside?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
I was quoted $3.62 gal delivered and $2.69 dockside. I'm in a ten mile radius of the fuel dock and was wondering if you all have to pay almost a buck a gallon for delivery? I have a 100 gallon tank. I'm in E. WA. I can pack fuel to my house in 100 pound (25 gallon) tanks if I have to. I've been told "Oh Yeah the competition is the Export business and fuel to the Farmers Corn Drying". The homeowner is taking it in the shorts so that the fuel can be exported out of the country? bjr23

Most propane companies have a sliding price scale depending on how much you buy per month. In my area it ranges from a little over $2.50 if you're heating your house to over $4.50 if it's only for cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.