Propane tank connections

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterflea

Jul 4, 2008
NH
I see some drawings with two outlets in the top of the tank for hot and two in the bottom for cold. I also
see where they are combined. Does it matter? Is one way better than the other? When connecting 2 tanks
together, one over the other, should I use just one pipe or is more better?

I have one 1 1/4 supply on the top and I have 2) 1 1/4 pipes for the return on the bottom of the tank tied in together to heat the tank equally. On one tank layouts, some only use 2 pipes, 4 pipes from what I see are see one set is for changing the tank and the other set is the loop for the boiler. But everyones plumbing layout is definitely different that I have noticed though.

Bob

I am going to put one into the top of each tank for supply then one from the top of both tanks to pump then to DHW sidearm then to forced air heat exchanger. Return one line back to bottom of both tanks with a tee returning back to wood boiler. All lines will be 1"

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.