Propane tank question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwelfeld

Jan 28, 2009
south western CT
Hi All,

We have a Vermont Castings propane gas stove and it has been working fine all winter until this morning. We had 20+ inches of snow last night and when I came downstairs this morning the pilot light was out. The tank is completely covered in snow, so I was wondering if there is something like an air valve on the that has to be open for the tank to output gas? I haven't been able to get to the tank yet to clear it off.

Thanks,

Joe W.

A propane tank should run when buried under snow. Probably not a regulator, but a little hot water cant hurt. What you should do is check the gague on your tank. You may be out of propane. If you are, you need to contact your supplier right away. Sometimes an emtEE tank can be a sign of a leak if you ran out faster than your lp provider projected. (i'm assuming this isnt just a small cylinder you fill on your own)

Status
Not open for further replies.