Propane Tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad try $6.29 down on the Eastern Shore of MD.

Oh my god, that is robbery! I hope that is because you use very little only for cooking. My parents pay over $5/gal I think but they only cook with it so they use very little.

MN hit record price average of close to $5 last week. It not getting any warmer and spring is almost 2 months away.

I decided not to go ahead with owing my own tanks as the cost benefit is not there. However recent activity reinforces my decision to hook up my pellet stove in our new home this summer. Propane prices my not stabilize for many years to come until new infrastructure is added to meet up with demand.

Was on news that the pipe normally carrying propain is pumping Bakken oil down. So no gas up north but by truck or rail:( MN is #1 turkey producer and no gas, no turkeys except the two legged politicians. Going to hit the pork production hard too.

Was on news that the pipe normally carrying propain is pumping Bakken oil down. So no gas up north but by truck or rail:( MN is #1 turkey producer and no gas, no turkeys except the two legged politicians. Going to hit the pork production hard too.

Huh go figure. In this part of the country the problem is the lack of infrastructure, both in pipe line for Nat gas and storage tanks for propane.

Around here self owned tanks are obviously not subjected to a rental fee and I get "self owned pricing which saves about .25$ per gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.