Propane use for this season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
I just took a walk out to the back of my lot to look at the gauge on my propane tank.

I started this season with the gauge on the tank showing exactly 50%. The furnace has run some this season but not much. The gauge is now pointing at 45%. wOOt!!! If that thing is accurate, I've only burned 25 gallons of propane so far this year!!!

-SF

Started at 0% and no matter how hard I try it won't go any lower. It reminds of a job review I had once. It read "This employee has reached rock bottom and begun to dig""

Is that 25 gallons for this year- which has been about a month. Or since yer last fillup; which is whnever that was...............

That's 25 gallons total for this entire heating season (I started burning back in October).

Hot water is electric, as is the range in the kitchen.

-SF

Same here. Last year was our first full year in the house, and I used about 1500 gallons. At the end of last winter, the tank said 30%. Just checked today since we're having a bit of a thaw, and it's at 20%. Propane stove in the kitchen, and that's about it. Kicked the furnace on for a couple of cycles when we had some 20 below days, but that's it. First year burning, and we've managed to get through the worst of it with no propane (just some blood, sweat, tears, and a big ol Englander...)

Got my 500 gal tank of Propane filled up about Dec of 07 (fill up always reads 80% for expansion purposes). Purchased our wood burner in mid Jan of 08. Cooked the entire time from then to now with Propane. Looked at my tank today and it's down to 60%. Awesome!

It's not often that a home improvement project can pay for itself within one year.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.