Proper Pipe Sealing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
What and where are you supposed to seal the pellet stove pipes.

I have an adapter thats on my stove that goes to a 90 degree elbow that goes into a 2 foot straight pipe through the wall, i then have a t on the outside of the house and a vertical pipe.

Do i seal everything inside and out? Or just inside? Seal the outside of the pipes or inside to? I don't seal the adapter to the stove do i?

Thanks im getting some smokey smell and i put the carbon monixide detector o nthe stove and got a little bit reading of a 15

woodsman23 said:
Yes seal everything!!.......

Woodsman, just curious....if it's outside the house, why does it need to be sealed? Doesn't seem to be necessary, IMO.

macman said:
woodsman23 said:
Yes seal everything!!.......

Woodsman, just curious....if it's outside the house, why does it need to be sealed? Doesn't seem to be necessary, IMO.

Well Mac is most likely does not need to be but why not just seal it up completley and have peace of mind...?

woodsman23 said:
Well Mac is most likely does not need to be but why not just seal it up completley and have peace of mind...?
I suppose......

macman said:
woodsman23 said:
I suppose......

Or not!!! I think it is users choice, as for me i do not have anything taped outsdie the house, but that's just me.

Chris04626 said:
where do i foind this tape my local true value doesnt have it near all the other sealent and cement

Lowes, HD, or your local plumbing/heating supply carries the foil tape. Should be in the same area as soldering supplies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.