Protecting the carpet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrel

Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2009
Southcentral PA
I am thinking of installing carpetting over the hardwood in front of my stove. I have about two feet of brick that extends out in front of the stove but am concerned about that rare occurence where an ember rolls out of the stove (Jotul Castine) and puts a burn mark on the carpet. Does anyone have something they use to protect carpetting near their woodburner?

What about a nice hearth rug?

33720.jpg

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.a...l=&cm;_pos=&cur;_index=&cm;_type=&pcode=10813

Easy peasey.

I side load on my waterford ashling and use a half moon hearth rug to protect the carpet beyond the tile. The one in the pic should be adequate for you.

Is the hard wood floor shot? We find it sooooo much easier to clean up around the stove now that the carpet is gone and hardwood is in place.

Yeah, the hardwood is shot. It's actually pine and probably been there for 100 years. I also like the idea of having a nice soft carpet to lay down on near the fire. Thanks for the responses. The hearth rugs look like just the ticket.

I went to Northern Tools and bought a welding blanket. It's about 4X6 and I lay it down when I load or clean out the ashes. Then I fold it up and lay it aside. It has saved a few burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.