1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

"Public" pellet companies

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by briansol, Mar 27, 2013.

1. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    A bit off topic, but I'm curious if anyone knows if any pellet or related companies are public (ie, have common stock).
    I'm looking to cash out of a few mREITs and am exploring some 'greener' options.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    There are some in Europe where bulk pellets are used but I don't know of any in the States. I'll keep an eye out.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Just took a look. Do a Google search on "NYSE" and "wood pellets" and it looks like there are some out there.
  4. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT

With these clowns in Washington, the "greenest" option is in a coffee can 3 ft deep or the mattress
    IHATEPROPANE, briansol and will711 like this.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I was thinking about investing in Viridis(they market Okanagan). I'm sure there are a few others, But haven't did an hard research. Too busy spending it on new toys rather than saving/investing........................... ;em

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VRD.V

Energex and Lignetics have been around a long time. Another would be Bear Mounton over in the west. Hamers here in the east has been around a good long time.

Keep us posted!
  6. briansol

Loc:
    central ct
    VRD has no volume... which means its going no where, slow. not a worthy vestment on a no name bench to boot.

Storing cash is worthless. you might as well store notebook paper. Especially if you think the government is the problem. without the government accepting it, it's worthless. Other governments already are getting off it.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...utting-the-legs-out-from-under-the-u-s-dollar

Stocks are the ONLY way to make money these days with 'dollars'. savings, bonds, even gold is all in the can. I follow the markets 5 times a day I check in to see what's going on. I'm not a day trader, but I do trade a few times a week sometimes, others I sit for months. I earned 22% on my money last year. and since it's all in a roth, it cost me nothing to earn that interest too when I take it out making it a real 22%.

Assuming our country is still here in 2045 when I plan to retire of course... lol

Anyway, a search against wood pellets and the nyse yield a bunch of articles about public companies using pellets, or something similar, but not actual holdings.
    I guess the pellet industry is too small to go public.
  7. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    No investing in pellet companies for you sir......would like you to continue your pellet reviews without being persuaded by the cash!!!
    briansol likes this.
  8. briansol

Loc:
    central ct
    Yup, J would need to file disclosures like 'long hammer' :D
  9. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    Lmfao.....I almost spit out my coffee!!
    briansol likes this.
  10. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Nah, I buy too many toys anyway. Got no cash to invest. Well, Except the bankers
  11. SwineFlue

SwineFlue Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Pa