"Public" pellet companies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
A bit off topic, but I'm curious if anyone knows if any pellet or related companies are public (ie, have common stock).
I'm looking to cash out of a few mREITs and am exploring some 'greener' options.

There are some in Europe where bulk pellets are used but I don't know of any in the States. I'll keep an eye out.

Just took a look. Do a Google search on "NYSE" and "wood pellets" and it looks like there are some out there.

A bit off topic, but I'm curious if anyone knows if any pellet or related companies are public (ie, have common stock).
I'm looking to cash out of a few mREITs and am exploring some 'greener' options.

With these clowns in Washington, the "greenest" option is in a coffee can 3 ft deep or the mattress

I was thinking about investing in Viridis(they market Okanagan). I'm sure there are a few others, But haven't did an hard research. Too busy spending it on new toys rather than saving/investing........................... ;em

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VRD.V

Energex and Lignetics have been around a long time. Another would be Bear Mounton over in the west. Hamers here in the east has been around a good long time.

Keep us posted!

VRD has no volume... which means its going no where, slow. not a worthy vestment on a no name bench to boot.

Storing cash is worthless. you might as well store notebook paper. Especially if you think the government is the problem. without the government accepting it, it's worthless. Other governments already are getting off it.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...utting-the-legs-out-from-under-the-u-s-dollar

Stocks are the ONLY way to make money these days with 'dollars'. savings, bonds, even gold is all in the can. I follow the markets 5 times a day I check in to see what's going on. I'm not a day trader, but I do trade a few times a week sometimes, others I sit for months. I earned 22% on my money last year. and since it's all in a roth, it cost me nothing to earn that interest too when I take it out making it a real 22%.

Assuming our country is still here in 2045 when I plan to retire of course... lol

Anyway, a search against wood pellets and the nyse yield a bunch of articles about public companies using pellets, or something similar, but not actual holdings.
I guess the pellet industry is too small to go public.

I was thinking about investing in Viridis(they market Okanagan). I'm sure there are a few others, But haven't did an hard research. Too busy spending it on new toys rather than saving/investing........................... ;em

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VRD.V

Energex and Lignetics have been around a long time. Another would be Bear Mounton over in the west. Hamers here in the east has been around a good long time.

Keep us posted!

No investing in pellet companies for you sir......would like you to continue your pellet reviews without being persuaded by the cash!!!

Reactions: briansol
Yup, J would need to file disclosures like 'long hammer' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.