pulled the trigger...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sblat

Nov 3, 2010
Haslett, MI
I've been going back and forth about which stove to buy for weeks now. I want to thank all of you for all of your advice. I decided to go with the Alderlea T5. I just felt like that stove with the blower will work out perfectly for my situation. I know everyone wanted me to go to the Summit, but I just felt like that was over doing it a bit. So I am pretty excited, especially because I just got off the phone with the stove guy and offered him $1200 out the door for the stove, and he took it. I couldn't be much happier, I just hope it works out.

Now to the install...I will be posting in a few days when I go to hook it up, because things can never go perfectly for me. Not sure what to do about the height difference with the stoves... but that can wait for later, as I am going to enjoy finally making my decision for a day.

You stole that stove. Try it out for a season, it's bound to make a nice difference. If you find out we were right, sell it in the fall when the market is hot.

Height difference? Is this replacing a current stove and piping?

You got yourself a great stove and you stole it. Dont second guess yourself. Give it a good try and enjoy it. Like BG said, with oil prices heading north, you could probably make money selling that stove in the fall.

This stove is replacing my vc resolute iii. I am pretty sure that the stoves are slightly different heights. I would really like to not have to replace all of the stove pipe. How do you handle that height difference? Can I use my existing stove pipe?

How is the Resolute connected, straight down from the ceiling or up to a 90, then horiz. to a thimble? If straight up, a section of telescoping pipe makes this an easy job.

It goes straight up and out. The first section is about 3ft long. So I should be able to get a section of telescoping pope, and I should be pretty good to go? Will it match up ok with my existing black pipe?

The pipe should match if it's the same brand.

sblattert said:
I've been going back and forth about which stove to buy for weeks now. I want to thank all of you for all of your advice. I decided to go with the Alderlea T5. I just felt like that stove with the blower will work out perfectly for my situation. I know everyone wanted me to go to the Summit, but I just felt like that was over doing it a bit. So I am pretty excited, especially because I just got off the phone with the stove guy and offered him $1200 out the door for the stove, and he took it. I couldn't be much happier, I just hope it works out.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if I should go with the T5 or the Summit Classic. What reasons were folks giving you to go with the Summit? How many sq ft are you heating and what kind of layout do you have? Where'd you get your stove? At that price it would be worth a trip for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.