pullin the trigger on MWP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
We just had the rep stop by (again) this wk with 5 bags of the new Maine Woods pellets: new logo on the bag is cute. The pellets look much improved over yrs past, they actually have a glossy look like some of the energex i see out there. we're gonna pull the trigger on a truckload or two to have a price point pellet to sell. Firing up a Bosca Spirit out in the yard this AM to give a bag a try. The Bosca burned even the old MWP with no issues, but it has a small ashpan: so we'll get a good gauge on how much ash these leave behind. keep ya posted.

Okay, so we set up the Bosca, ran it for bout 1/2 the day on mediumish setting (@ 4 1/2 hrs at @2.5 lbs/hr), so basically @ 11lbs of fuel. Heat seemed pretty good coming out (hard to gauge, it is still summer, and it was burning outside), they ignited quickly.
The pan on the Bosca is small, only @ 2" deep. ash was very light, did not even begin to cover the bottom of the pan. Not even enough for me to scoop out with a credit card. No clinker in the burn pot, just a little dust. Glass stayed clean. So far, so good. I know it's a pretty limited test, but I had several installs to do and several sales to work out today, so i couldn't give it the full run... but pretty positive nonetheless!~

Status
Not open for further replies.