Pulling a Harman Accentra 52i out on a flat hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHez

Jan 4, 2015
Southeastern PA
Hi, folks. Kinda new here, so if there are posts you know of that'd help, feel free to point me there instead. I searched and came up short, but that's not to say they're not out there.

Anyway, me and the hubby were going to do our first end of season cleaning, but had some trouble "sliding" our 52i out. It seems to slide an inch or two, and then you have to muscle it quite a bit... Is this normal?

Now, our hearth is at floor level, not raised. I've seen tons of help and advice for those who need a rail support system, but not so much for those of us who don't. And as first time pellet stove owners, we feel kinda lost here.

So if anyone can help, I know someone on these forums can! Whatever you can share for tips and help about the best way to slide this sucker out far enough to work behind it (without scratching the heck outta the black marble hearth and wrecking the carpet along the way) would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, everyone!

I don't have a Harman, but I have a flush hearth. I have an old aluminum street sign that I roll my enviro out on, works great. See if you can find a thin piece of aluminum sheet metal. Thin plywood with a piece of sheet plastic over it might work too

The wheels on that hang like a monorail. You need to craft up some iron so you can roll it out or buy the service railmkit
So then, the rail kit can be used with a flush hearth? It's just that Harman itself, as well as owners' posts, seem to indicate it's for raised hearths, and I've not seen any posts or info about using it with a flush hearth, so we weren't sure... Or maybe am I just confusing the rail kit with something else?

So then, the rail kit can be used with a flush hearth? It's just that Harman itself, as well as owners' posts, seem to indicate it's for raised hearths, and I've not seen any posts or info about using it with a flush hearth, so we weren't sure... Or maybe am I just confusing the rail kit with something else?
You need the rails but you won't use the legs

My service guy just laid a 2x4 on the floor perpendicular and in the middle of the front of the stove and he just worked it out onto the wood.

You need the rails but you won't use the legs
You think they'd make a slightly less expensive rail kit without the supports for those of us with a flush hearth who only need the rails...! :-\

You think they'd make a slightly less expensive rail kit without the supports for those of us with a flush hearth who only need the rails...! :-\

When I pull my cb1200i out I lift it up enough to get a piece of pvc pipe under it and roll it out over that.

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.