Pulling PEX

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

runningmike

Aug 12, 2008
Adirondacks
Any advice on the best way to pull PEX through insulated PVC duct pipe? I've got about a 100' run with a 90 degree turn over the length of the run. I was thinking of assembling the duct pipe above ground, threading the PEX through, and then dropping the whole show into the trench. Thoughts?

Mike

Mike , I will be doing the same very soon , one tip I can give you that the dealer told me was to use two 45 degree elbows for your 90 degree turn at the stove and also to slide them down over the pipe one at a time after the rest of the pipe is in the ditch.He use's the green SDR 35 sewer pipe to protect the pex .

Status
Not open for further replies.