Pulp hook?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2006
North of Boston
Anyone use one of these?

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/1448?mv_session_id=hiCRKiCj&product_sku=15840.

I picked one up along with some other stuff from Baileys... I am *so* glad I did! for getting big rounds rolling or dragging chunks that aren't round.... worth it's weight in gold. also extends your reach a bit, so less bending. And when using a splitter.... use it to hold the round on the cradle - you can keep your digits away from the wedge and on on your hands where they belong.

highly recommended!

-Dan

A hay-baling hook works just as well. Maybe easier to find locally, depending on where you live. You can sharpen the tip with a raker file--just try not to drive it into your leg.

Another thing that works pretty well for lifting and moving rounds and logs is an old pair of ice tongs. They can be had at many antique stores for $10 or $20 and make it a whole lot easier to lift heavy pieces of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.