Pump got fried.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RowCropRenegade

Feeling the Heat
Mar 19, 2008
Southwest, Ohio
UP 26-64F/VS was my variable speed grundfos pump from the Garn to the house. It got fried from a massive voltage surge that took out other items around the farmstead.
So the pump is discontinued. I replaced with a alpha 1 26-99 that won't respond to the VDC out or the 401 house controller. I have voltage at pump but no response in varying voltages. It runs 100% and doesn't stop. According to book it can't find signal. I have signal input hooked to positive and signal reference to neutral. Lingo on the 401 26-64 and 26-99 is all different. Pump distributors can't answer my question and the manufacturers response was sending a picture of the manual schematic.
I think I have it wired correctly and the pump is bad out of the box, which seal was broken at delivery. All my searches says that Grundfos doesn't have a replacement for what I need. The 26-99 does not have a manual speed setting like the 26-64 did.
The taco 26E looks like where I'm headed but I thought I would test the forums here. Even if I'm trolled, it would be better responses than distributors and manufacturers.