Pump Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djblech

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Bruno MN
Sunday morning -32* and the power goes out at 7:30 am. I scramble and get the generator started and my hx loop pump starts making this terrible noise. So I shovel out the wood and cool every thing down. Monday morning I switch pumps and fire up. I am looking at the pump I pulled out and I see something inside. With a some wire I dig out a piece black pex 1/2"x1 1/4". This is strange because all my pex is either red or blue. I have no idea where it came from. At least the pump is probably still good. I looked out at the thermometer this am and thought, wow, it's only -18.
Doug

That is wierd. I wonder how it changed colors? :ahhh: LOL. Some would say that's where you need a filter or trap to catch stuff like that. I had a pump go bad (taco 007) and it was cheaper to buy a whole new pump than it was to buy the "replaceable cartridge". Hopefully the pump is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.