Pump sizing help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman51

Feb 18, 2008
SE Minnesota
I need replace the B&G SLC25 that started to leak on me. I would like to replace it with either a Grundfos Alpha 15-55 or Wilo Stratos ECO 16F. Are these comparable pumps and are they the correct size to replace the previous pump. I think the variable speed pump should be helpful as there are three zones on the line to the house.I'm trying to be green. Thanks for your help. Jim

muleman51 said:
I need replace the B&G SLC25 that started to leak on me. I would like to replace it with either a Grundfos Alpha 15-55 or Wilo Stratos ECO 16F. Are these comparable pumps and are they the correct size to replace the previous pump. I think the variable speed pump should be helpful as there are three zones on the line to the house.I'm trying to be green. Thanks for your help. Jim

That pump has been replaced by the B&G NRF 22. That pump is shown on this comparison chart.

Either of the pumps you mentioned would replace that SLC and save some energy. If you have a system that uses zone valves these pumps will adjust and modulate to the system's needs.

hr

Attachments

• Picture 35.png
    Picture 35.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.