Punky Maple/Short Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
It turned out to be a short day, cut this on small punky maple up then went back in and buried the rhino. The cable on the winch was just long enough to reach the nearest tree so after winching the rhino out I had plenty of shoveling to do, took about one hour of backing up then going forward plus shoveling to get out.

Looks like another two weeks before going back in depending on the weather. Pic 2662 is the small punky maple, 2663 is the area in which I buried it then winched it out and 2664 was the second area I buried it coming out.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2662.jpg
    100_2662.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_2663.jpg
    100_2663.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_2664.jpg
    100_2664.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 236
Getting stuck like that at this time of the year surely is not fun. Glad you had the winch to help you out. Then the back and forth....the oil companies love that Zap.

We just live on the wrong end of the state Zap. While we are fighting the snow and mud, the folks on LI are hanging out at the beach.

SolarAndWood said:
We just live on the wrong end of the state Zap. While we are fighting the snow and mud, the folks on LI are hanging out at the beach.

Started snowing this morning which should go through tonight, never ending this winter but what to hell we have plenty of wood. Brought some nice dry ironwood in last night, going in for the overnight burn tonight.

zap

See what you mean about accessing your area. Good luck getting to the wood, and then start cutting like a madman!

Status
Not open for further replies.