Purchasing Energex Pellets Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Sep 20, 2011
Up State NY
Hello All i'm going out to purchase 3 ton of Energex Pellets today from my Local Home Depot. I was Just wondering if anybody has any opinions about this brand of pellet. Supposedly they are 50%hardwood and 50% softwood. I will post Picks of them tonight when i get them in.

Thanks in Advance.

The Energex are ok, I burned about 10 bags or so last year. Smelled nice... A few fines though.....

JS

Definitely a good pellet as far as heat, But known to clinker in some stoves(just ask member save$). Ash is not to to bad. As mentioned a bit of fines and slightly dusty.

Fireside Ultras?

Pretty sure the green bag Energex are Fireside Ultra's. Haven't seen Energex at the box stores myself. Could be they gave up on the disguise as they know we figured them out. ;)

I burned 5 ton so far, I like them. Bought 2 ton MWP soft for $25 a ton cheaper in my area, also giving a Mainer a job.

I burned a couple tons and they gave pretty good heat but they were dirty.

entergex 270 a ton at blue seal in fishkilll ny. Seems high for that pellet. What price is good for that pellet.

I never paid more than $250 a ton delivered.

Hello All i'm going out to purchase 3 ton of Energex Pellets today from my Local Home Depot. I was Just wondering if anybody has any opinions about this brand of pellet. Supposedly they are 50%hardwood and 50% softwood. I will post Picks of them tonight when i get them in.

Thanks in Advance.
Energex- Meh....they are middle of the road pellets at best, very dirty IMO.

I see, that's good, no delivery. Dysart's must be making a killing with $60 delivery. I am 60 miles south.

Status
Not open for further replies.