1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pure Fire pellets

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Wachusett, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Wachusett

Wachusett Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
    Picked up 6 bags at TSC. Burning hot, hotter than GT. Like em :cool: Anyone else?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    They are a DryCreek product. I burned a sample and like them as well. Hot and pretty clean, What I'd expect from a good softy!

Glad you like em too! ::-)
  3. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    Which TSC? I'll like to try some.
  4. Wachusett

Loc:
    Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
    TSC in Leominster.

Jay, The bag only states 100% wood. Spoke to the manager, he siad they were a hardwood pellet. They don't look like softies to me.
    Regardless, I like em.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Bags I have say 100% wood too, Person told me softwood. What I tried in the past sure looked and smelled like softies. Could be a blend, Sure did burn nice though. Looking for more if they are a deal.
  6. Wachusett

Loc:
    Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
    Just emptied the last bag into the hopper. Cleaned the stove yesterday, so got a chance to run these through a clean stove ;em. Gotta say these are HOT. Nothing scientific, back of the hand/seat of the pants. House gets up to temp quicker and stove room 4* hotter on average compared the GT's I have been burning. Definately picking up a ton $219.
  7. pellethunter

pellethunter New Member

Loc:
    Western MA.
    Any more thoughts on the "Pure Fire" pellets? I have a choice between the Pure Fire and the Premium Wood Pellets MWP, for the same price. Was thinking of going with the Pure Fire.
  8. joetiii

joetiii New Member

My local TS no longer has PureFire.

I ended up getting some made in Maine and can not deal with all the ash. Anybody know a Mass. supplier with in stock Pure Fires?