Pure Sinewave UPS for Pellet Stove Backup : On Sale 1-Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pelleting In NJ

Minister of Fire
Sep 26, 2011
Central NJ
As one of its daily deals, Newegg offers the CyberPower 1,350VA Pure Sine Wave UPS, model no. CP1350PFCLCD, for $124.95 with free shipping. That's $3 under our September mention and the lowest total price we've seen. (It's the best deal now by $55.) This 810-watt battery backup features a multifunction LCD display, plus 10 outlets with USB and serial ports. Deal ends today.

I use one of these on my Ecoteck, to run the combustion blower if the power goes out. I connected the NO contacts of a latching relay in-series with the auger motor, so that the stove automatically stops feeding and shuts down if the 110VAC power drops out. The UPS can run the combustion and room blower longer than it takes for the remaining pellets to burn out, in the burn-pot, to prevent any smoke back-up into the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: chken
I concur with Pelleting. I have the larger model, but this is an excellent Pure Sine UPS. NewEgg seems to have these on sale once a month or so, so if you want the larger model, just wait, it'll be on sale eventually.