Push or Pull?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Been running a fan in my living room where the stove is..I know this has been debated before but would it be better to point the fan so it goes over the stove or point the fan up to the ceiling so that it circulates down the walls. I have the fan on a bar stool right now so it is off the ground. My floors stay cold, very low ceiling, probably 7'

Ceiling fans you want pushing air up to the ceiling. Box fan I dont know. I would say to experiment. I would think that aimint it to hit the stove and carry the hot air away would work ok.

Are you trying to move warm air to other rooms? I've had good results blowing cool air into the stove room with a box fan.
I set the fan in the first room of my addition blowing through the doorway into the stove room. It pulls warm air into that portion of the house nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.