Pushing Fans?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to move the heated air from the room that I will have my stove installed but don't think a ceiling fan is what I am looking for nor do I want a big box type fan in the room, any suggestions?

doorway fans may be the trick. they are relatively inobtrusive and work failrly well. they would mount up in an upper corner of the doorway leading out of the heated room. as for a quick way ,for the mean time , place a small desktop fan in a doorway leading to the room you want to heat , aim the fan toward the stove this will pull coler air from the coller room back to the stove to be heated , and the resulting vacuum will drag warm air into the cooler room right over the top of the cooler air that is coming in

I have a Box fan pushing out of the stove room and a cieling fan pushing down.... Which doesn't work

Mike, you're a genius! I had an ocelating fan in our hallway for the longest time pushing hot air toward our bedrooms. I turned the fan around all the while taking mouth from my husband that it would'nt work. Needless to say I was even suprised at how well it worked. We had went and bought little heaters with thermostats just for backups for the really cold single digit nights. But with the fan turned towards the stove, it gets the rooms to about 73 or 74 degrees when the stove is on medium and we dont need them. Thanks for the tip!

Reverse the ceiling fans to draw hot air up.

I have 4 muffin fans through out my house to push the cold air to the stove. It's amazing how well they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.