Pushing In Some Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just some pictures of the Rhino heading through the woods to the wood stacks for a couple of loads, just a great night.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4586.jpg
    100_4586.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 690
  • 100_4588.jpg
    100_4588.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 684
  • 100_4592.jpg
    100_4592.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 685
  • 100_4595.jpg
    100_4595.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 689
  • 100_4602.jpg
    100_4602.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 744
That moon is spectacular tonight.

Great pics.
Is that a snow moon? :)

Great pics zap...
ooooohh...full moon....all the friggin whackadoodles will be out......never mind they already are....
:ahhh: :smirk:

GAMMA RAY said:
Great pics zap...
ooooohh...full moon....all the friggin whackadoodles will be out......never mind they already are....

Tell me about the wackos. If wierdos could fly my work should have been an airport yesterday!!!!!!!!!

Zap I didn't think your place could be with that little snow at this time of the year.

Wow the moon is out bright.

Nice pics.

Corey21, one of the best nights so far in 2012.

Sav, last year this time we had two feet of snow, the woodlands was off limits.

zap

I saw the moon full last night too. You could almost keep the lights off on the quad it was soooooo bright. Good winter for you and getting the wood out. You were right about the snow, looks like an inch or 2 tomorrow and a bit on saturday. Be well

GAMMA RAY said:
Great pics zap...

Thanks Gamma, hows the chief running?

zap

"The Chief" gives me hours and hours of heat, pleasure and entertainment.... :coolsmirk:
I'd say he's been running pretty smooth...of course though, the wood is pretty darn good.
:cheese: :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
"The Chief" gives me hours and hours of heat, pleasure and entertainment.... :coolsmirk:
I'd say he's been running pretty smooth...of course though, the wood is pretty darn good.
:cheese: :lol:

With the warmer weather (just a tad up here) I never kept all the wood racks full so tonight will be another PITWN, should be some nice beech and sugar maple so all the racks are full.

What are you feeding "The Chief" for wood?

zap

All we have is ash, maple and some cherry. Not all of us have a wood "pantry" like you zap... :lol:

Gamma...I'm not so sure about "The Cheif"...you say that, and I think Robert Parish. If your stove has never had "weed" delivered to your address by the US postal service, then the name is ill deserved (yeah, Robert Parish did that)...I suggest you rename it "The Sultan", or "The Constable" or "Lenny" (its a good name!). If you dont like those names, you can stick with "The Cheif", but it is a bit confusing.

Del...I am glad you are using the engraved flask I sent you for xmas.... :lol:

Will try and get a picture on the way in from the woods tonite zap as it sure was big lastnite eh ;-) didnt have the camera but will throw it in the bike now..

What time did you haul till?

loon

loon said:
Will try and get a picture on the way in from the woods tonite zap as it sure was big lastnite eh ;-) didnt have the camera but will throw it in the bike now..

What time did you haul till?

loon

Around 6:30 or 7:00, looking forward to the pics, boy if we could get one of the Gamma bringing in wood that would be priceless. :coolsmirk:

zap

Do ya really need chains with mostly bare ground?

zap, Pictures are great! But where's the wood???

Oh, I get it! You don't want us drooling on your latest haul! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
zap, Pictures are great! But where's the wood???

Oh, I get it! You don't want us drooling on your latest haul! :cheese:

Never took any of the wood in the trailer outside but here it is inside, the wood on the floor was brought in tonight. Took the camera out tonight but put in the wrong card (it was full) but I'llbe cutting Saturday & Sunday so I'll have more pics.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4613.jpg
    100_4613.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_4614.jpg
    100_4614.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_4615.jpg
    100_4615.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 134
Nice pics Loon. I put a full card in the camera by mistake when I went out. :sick: Ended up pushing in two small loads of firewood then took some sand to the end of the driveway.

zap

It melted good yesterday and just like a hockey rink around here right now zap %-P

Me and Emma came into the house to this tonight :)

DSC00296-1-1-1.jpg

Happy little guy, cool pic.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.