Pushing the stove limits.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Last few days have been cold. Highs in the upper 20's. But I just looked at a 24 hour temp chart and learned that the high lasted less than an hour in the last 24 and the 10 am temp was 20 and the 5pm was 22. The low was within 4 degrees all night. It bottomed at 10 degrees. This morning I had to crank the stove way up, all day. Burned 70 lbs. in 24 hrs. I have an older Jamestown Pellet. I needed to expand the heat into the shop. It was down to 40 at 8am. I also used a pusher fan and a 23,000
btu unit heater. Took three hours to raise it to 55 degrees. It's supposed to stay like this through the New Year. I haven't got the stove installed in the shop. Thought I could get by with the unit heaters this year, but they just are not keeping up with things.

Normal years we have a few days like this, most lows are teens and highs around freezing, but we are really getting blasted with sustained lows. Anyone else getting crazy weather, either highs or lows? Don't think it will last all winter, but I am looking for an emergency ton of pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.