Put a deposit on a Quad Santa Fe today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
My friend and I put a deposit today, promo sale is ending tomorrow and looks like it won't get extended again.
Price $1,599 plus tax, have to complete stove payment by June 24.

I found attractive that the dealer said the Classic Bay 1200 would be $300 more when I asked him but he doesn't have it in stock, so $1,900. Not bad I think but that stove is way more than what we need for the basement.

Because he had given a quote on installation a while back for $300, he's making an "exception" and keeping the install at that price. We don't know for sure whether we'll pay him to do the install or we'll do it ourselves.

If he installs he said is gotta be done by Sept.1

Ballpark, for basement install, he quoted around $358 for materials on 3 inch piping without OAK:
Two 2-footer vent $69.56
One 3-footer vent $47.70
90 degree elbow $58.14
Tee cap $77.91
Wall Thimble $49.68
Pipe adaptor $14.31
Horizontal rain cap $40.84

What do you think?

BTW - The pipes he quoted seem to be Simpson, I checked at northlineexpress.com and can see that these are cheaper online.

Status
Not open for further replies.