Put A Tiger In Your Batteries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Interesting story, but the multiple pushed advertising on the site resulted in me closing the window.

Annoying site for sure.

If Exxon wants to set up nice (i.e. 40-50 kW or higher) DCQC stations along interstates, I would be happy to use them and pay a premium per kWh. Right now, private enterprise is falling down on the job. And the market for them will be HUGE in a couple years.

If they want to put L2 chargers at malls and whatnot, then I will laugh at them. I think those things will be dinosaurs in 2 years.

When they do it, I expect they will source their elec from zero-C renewable energy, and advertise it as such. Seriously. _g

Interesting story, but the multiple pushed advertising on the site resulted in me closing the window.
Oh good, glad this wasn't just me. That is the most aggressive site I have been on in a very long time. Drove me nuts trying to read it on a cell phone. I finally gave up.

Public charging is going to be awkward while standards and charging sources compete. It's not like you pull into any gas station and fill it up with regular yet. I recently went to a Sears and saw a charger. Figured I'd hook up to it to top off the system for the long ride home. Went to pay and found out it was a different system (Blink) than what I have a key to (Chargepoint). (This is why I have a Volt. No range anxiety.) Even the plugs aren't all compatible. Europeans are pushing another plug standard and Tesla's network appears to be proprietary. And then you have the utilities getting involved like in CA.
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/big-problem-latest-plan-build-ev-chargers-california/

Meh. I signed up for three 'networks' that cover 90% of the chargers in my area when I got the EV, just for 'emergency use'. Might have taken 15 minutes, and I carry three cards in the glove box.

Never really needed them, sometimes I'll use one if its at my destination....just to support the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.