put an end to all your tree ID questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost in the woods

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2016
Central PA
these two books are a great resource for anyone who would like to become more knowledgeable regarding tree ID

Attachments

• books.jpg
    books.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 228
Nice, are you going to send those to me?
Do they help you if the tree is dead, no leaves and bark peeling off?
My problem with the two books I looked at before always based it off the leaf.
Not to mention when your starting out it's tough to get a good eye for it.
I swore everything in my woods was black cherry or tulip poplar. At least the bark online matched. I thought.
A year later it's cherry, old silver maple and hickory. How could I confuse those!? I don't know. It takes time to get an eye for it. And asking you old cranky guys what it is really helps.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheAardvark
Can I take trees from the woods then!? I'll never come in your yard again, sir.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NO!

Sent from my iToilet using Crapatalk

Reactions: dafattkidd
You see...??? This is what happens when all those young folks burn pine in them new fangled wood stoves....think they know everything.
;):):);)

Reactions: baseroom
these two books are a great resource for anyone who would like to become more knowledgeable regarding tree ID

I used the text book of dendrology pictured when I was in college. It's a very informative book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.