PUT THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLPOF

Nov 6, 2015
TRISTAN ISLAND
Hi everyone, my name is Ska and I have Pacific Energy Series D Model Super 27 that I found still in the crate within the contents of a storage unit I purchased for $40. Can anyone tell me what items I need to purchase so that I can install this in my remotely located mobile home. There is a label on the back that states the clearance, and that this unit is mobile home approved (vertical install only) with floor air intake. It also lists numbers for connector and chimney package numbers. There was a triple? walled 4 foot pipe with it. Is that the connector? Here is how I think the installation should go correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE.
I reinforced the floor with two 4'x4'x1" sheathing and covered all sides and top with cement board. I then tiled over the cement board and set my wood burner on top of the tile. I cut a 4 inch hole below the ash box through the floor and attached a flex pipe with a screen at the end to keep creepy things out. I lag bolted the pedestal to the tile platform on all four corners and plum bobbed from the ceiling to the center of the units pipe center. This is where I am confused. Do I use_____ walled pipe from the unit up to a ______ walled adapter? Does the connector pipe (aka 4' triple? walled pipe that was with unit) set on adapter and extend up to and through the roof? How close to the interior roof can I run _____ walled pipe? How far do I run the _____ walled pipe above the roof and do I attach single wall to finish off chimney stack up to the cap? The space between the interior ceiling and the roof is approx. 1 foot. Does anyone have a drawing showing the double and triple walled pipe ends so I know the difference with layman descriptions of the pipe type and position of each piece so I can finish this install and start getting all toasty. I'm willing to bake cookies for y'all for helping me obtain my quest for fire (well controlled fire), I almost forgot. Where does the damper go?
Does this kit have what I need ??
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DuraVent...himney-Stove-Pipe-Vent-Kit-6DP-KBSC/100115151
(except for the single walled pipe and double wall connector pipe and/or triple walled). Wow looking back I sure talk alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.