Put up your Fishing pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working in a remote village this past summer about a 20 mile four wheeler ride up river I caught and released about fifty Arctic grayling over two nights of fishing anywhere from 12-19". Probably the most fun I've ever had fishing.
View attachment 173217
I love grayling fishing! I used to get to do some on my northern moose hunting trips. Strange fish, I found pool after pool devoid of fish, then the next one would be loaded.......???

Those 1lb tanks are friggen
Pricey $13 for two here

wow, I think I pay about 8$ for 3 here if I buy them at wal-mart.....

This fall salmon and winter steelhead seasons were the worst I've ever experienced. Fall coho was shut down on local rivers because of poor returns. Winter steelhead was non-existent. Long story, but the state didn't plant our Puget Sound rivers with steelhead for this year because of a lawsuit over their lack of federal approval.
Anyway, a few pics from last fall & winter...

Attachments

• IMG_20160131_024047.jpg
    IMG_20160131_024047.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 10.26.13c2.jpg
    10.26.13c2.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 12.20.13f.jpg
    12.20.13f.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 12.31.13d.jpg
    12.31.13d.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: BigFir
This fall salmon and winter steelhead seasons were the worst I've ever experienced. Fall coho was shut down on local rivers because of poor returns. Winter steelhead was non-existent. Long story, but the state didn't plant our Puget Sound rivers with steelhead for this year because of a lawsuit over their lack of federal approval.
Anyway, a few pics from last fall & winter...

Are most of your steelies hatchery? I think the Vedder and only a select few lower mainland rivers get hatchery fish up here, with such dwindling numbers I don't see why not? Maybe for federal reasons like you guys are experiencing? hmmm.....

Are most of your steelies hatchery? I think the Vedder and only a select few lower mainland rivers get hatchery fish up here, with such dwindling numbers I don't see why not? Maybe for federal reasons like you guys are experiencing? hmmm.....
Puget Sound steelhead are listed as threatened under the ESA. We don't have any fisheries targeting wild winter fish in any of the Puget Sound rivers. Those rivers all close about the time wild fish start coming in. Hatchery fish return earlier and provide a fishery in December-January.
Rivers out on the coast stay open longer for a C&R fishery, as their steelhead populations are in at least somewhat better shape. Anglers were allowed to keep one wild fish per year from some coastal rivers until recently. That was recently eliminated.

nice catfish, we get some that big here in the grand river off lake erie. They fight like a beast!!!!

Reactions: mikebinthesky
Cats are alot of fun.One of the best species to target if your trying to get kids interested in fishing.Always have a chance of catching a real lunker

"Tuna Crack" it's an addiction

Attachments

• jimtuna.jpg
    jimtuna.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: BigFir
A knife, some very thinly sliced sweet onion and I could probably take care of half of one of those, myself.==c

A couple brookies for the smoker......

Attachments

• IMG00057-20110129-1200.jpg
    IMG00057-20110129-1200.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG00058-20110129-1200.jpg
    IMG00058-20110129-1200.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 200
Deep in the White Mtns…
301.jpg

Nice Dinos for sure. You are aloud to keep them? I think you would see jail time if you got caught with one here! Must be a slot limit?

It helps to bring along a toy model to document 'the one that got away'. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.