pvc pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I can't find a 2" dryer hose or a 2" aluminum pipe that I can use for combustion air intake. Is there any way I can use pvc pipe or where can I find a 2" dryer or aluminum pipe?

Ran most of my intake pipe with PVC, painted flat black.

Just before I attached it to the stove I used the 2" the Aluminum flex pipe supplied by the manufacturer attached with Aluminum tape. Works fine and looks easier on the eyes then the flex pipe since it is not hidden by the stove.

I would expect a good stove shop would carry the Aluminum flex.

well I just called a dealer and they have a OAK for $46, maybe I should just get that...

Go to NAPA, Autozone, get heat riser pipe for old carbeurated V-8's, goes between exhaust manifold and air intake, they have a size that will fit, tighten with radiator hose clamp, run it for the first foot to the stove intake, then go PVC, cheapest way around it, totally safe.

Never hurts go go bigger, ask the wife. That is why I am 5' 03" and close to 300 lbs.

Standard dryer vent is 4". We use that a lot.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.