Q for harman lovers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ23

Feb 19, 2014
canada
If you choosing between a p43, xxv and p61....the 43 will suffice and it's not weak by any means.

Which of the 3 would you end up with and why

Hello

I have 3 answers to that question. :)

1. P61
2. P61
3. P61

The reason is that many more P61s have been sold and they can be picked up cheaper on the used market.
I got these 3 for the price of 1 new P43 ! ! !

Also easy to paint and fix up. :)

See pics below - Click to Enlarge
(Pics are after fixup)

Attachments

• HarmanP61a-2--Workshop.JPG
    HarmanP61a-2--Workshop.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 141
  • HarmanP61aBasement.JPG
    HarmanP61aBasement.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 142
  • HarmanP61aShed.JPG
    HarmanP61aShed.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 133
If you choosing between a p43, xxv and p61....the 43 will suffice and it's not weak by any means.

Which of the 3 would you end up with and why

if I remember correctly, are'nt you currently using a p43?

if it will suffice and is not weak by any means what is your reason for contemplating replacing it?

if for pretty shiny beautiful looks get the xxv - if for good bang for the buck workhorse with the good basic get 'er done look and results get the p61

Hi, I am using the p43, and installer will swap it with no problems. It is good running it on about 5 on a cold day and it seems to help move to the supper level of the split entry.

It's not weak but again I didn't have it in the dead of winter, got it in early March. The XXV is going to cost 1100 more and the p61 800 more- I just want to be sure I'm getting the best bang for the buck long term........I had heard the xxv is quieter but I bet there's hardly a difference, prob still going to hear it going ......

Have 2600 sq feet in a split entry and this is in the family room on lower level which is 12 wide by 18 long, it's located in the left upper corner of the fam room.

Attachments

• house rough plans.png
    house rough plans.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 110
Yeah, I heard the XXV was the quietest stove but my new one does'nt seem to be all that quiet and my ears are shot, I would'nt buy it for it's quietness

We bought a P43 and love it! No regrets at all.
It's done an awesome job for us through this brutal cold winter.
However, if I could find 3 P61's for the price of a P43 I'd have them in my pickup this afternoon!

Harman P61 is no more noisy than an A/C on low speed//
I sit next within 10 ft of mine and honestly forget it's running...
that said, we bought ours since we wanted to push heat across the room, up the stairs to 2nd floor.
ceiling fan at top of steps helps also...
dealer recommended the P43 but also said we would prob run it more full throttle in the cold winter but not to say it would be a problem. just have to run it full out to get heat to 2nd floor.
that bit of advice prompted me to go larger to the 61,000 BTU knowing that if I had to, I could full throttle and melt all downstairs dwellers....
Have only run ours around Half all winter.. Feed rate 3/fan speed Half/ temp 73....Nice to know there is plenty of heat reserved if we want it..

My wife would pick the XXV. I know this because she did.

61 does our house just fine. No oil for heat at all now for 3 years, and it was cold this winter.

image.jpg image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.