Quad 1100I questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
One of the bosses at work have a Quad 1100I according to what she read me off the tag on the phone. I havent had a chance to go look at it yet. From the best I can tell from the owners manual i downloaded it has to be connected to a thermostat to work am I correct about this?

My understanding is you can put a jumper wire on the back where the 2 wires go for the Thermostat. At least on the newer Quads (except Mt Vernon AE). It will run constantly like this until the "jumper" is removed. The price of a cheap thermostat is like $30. I would go that route. Its only 2 wires and does not matter what one goes where.
If its the 1100i? Does it still have the ceramic burn pot? Or does he have the updated cast model? If its ceramic, check for cracks before purchasing. A new burn pot will be $200-$400 depending on were you go.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.