Quad 1200 Insert Service Manual help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PutnamJct

Feeling the Heat
Hi All,

So did first burn 2 nights ago for a few hours. When I went to turn on stove last night, the augur is not feeding. Combustion blower turns on, heating element turns on. Did the dollar bill test, door seal seems ok.
I pulled the insert out so I can get to all 4 sides but I don't see anything that is listed in the owners manual for snap disc access or anything else. All the online links take me to the owners manual only, and no service manual on quadrafire site.
If any one's got one I desperately need it.
Many thanks in advance!!!!!
John
email bmt4414 at aol dot com

Hi All,

So did first burn 2 nights ago for a few hours. When I went to turn on stove last night, the augur is not feeding. Combustion blower turns on, heating element turns on. Did the dollar bill test, door seal seems ok.
I pulled the insert out so I can get to all 4 sides but I don't see anything that is listed in the owners manual for snap disc access or anything else. All the online links take me to the owners manual only, and no service manual on quadrafire site.
If any one's got one I desperately need it.
Many thanks in advance!!!!!
John
email bmt4414 at aol dot com

Until someone comes back with their service manual answers, I'd try a couple of things first.
(1) Disconnect the auger from the drive motor & see if it turns freely...If it doesn't look to see what's jamming it up.
(2) Test the auger by hot wiring it. When you put power to it, it should turn. If it does, you've eliminated that as a cause.
If it doesn't, that's where your problem lies...
Good luck...

Until someone comes back with their service manual answers, I'd try a couple of things first.
(1) Disconnect the auger from the drive motor & see if it turns freely...If it doesn't look to see what's jamming it up.
(2) Test the auger by hot wiring it. When you put power to it, it should turn. If it does, you've eliminated that as a cause.
If it doesn't, that's where your problem lies...
Good luck...

Thanks Daksy! I just got it going woo hoo! The vacuum line was plugged up with fines on the auger side. I found an old thread here on hearth.com with a pic of the auger motor and where it sits on the stove. You access it from the hopper. Shout out goes to mralias for taking pics of his auger!
Still wanting that manual though. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DAKSY
Preseason test fire. Helps weed out problems before the main season starts and your in a panic to get things going.:) Just did the garage Harman this AM. Did the Elena 2 days ago. One more to go, the main Harman with crosslink. Redoing plumbing etc now that I had a solid season of no problems.

Reactions: mralias
Thanks Daksy! I just got it going woo hoo! The vacuum line was plugged up with fines on the auger side. I found an old thread here on hearth.com with a pic of the auger motor and where it sits on the stove. You access it from the hopper. Shout out goes to mralias for taking pics of his auger!

Good ole Hearth.com!

Send me a PM with an email address and you will find you service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.