Quad 1200i Convection Blower not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdrozd

Jun 19, 2008
New Haven County,Ct
The convection blower is not working. If I take the leads off of the #1 snap disc and jump them it works so I assume the snap disc failed. It is a 125 degree disc. Is this normally open? So it only energizes the blower when it reaches temperature?

Yes it is normally open at room temp, it snaps closed at 125 degrees and energizes the blower. Run the stove and get her hot, then check continuity of the snap disk, if still open then replace the snap disk. It's not uncommon for these snap disks to fail. Hope this helps.

I checked my snap disc with a flame and multimeter and it works fine. My blower works fine when I jump it out and it blasts heat. Why when I connect the 2 purple wires back to the snap disc my blower wont kick on????? My stove certainly is over 125 degrees.
THX

Status
Not open for further replies.