Quad 3100 That Has Been Rode Hard And Put Away Wet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
WOW look at that baffle... what in the H were they burning in there?!

The rust is no problem, good sand job and some fresh paint it will look like new, but I wonder if anything else has been severely damaged from the abuse?

It's going to need a couple hundred in parts and the labor to strip and re-paint it. Just a full brick set is over $100.

nice stove:lol:

Hard to believe it is only 10yrs old! and that someone actually bid on it. I wouldn't take it if it was free.

It looks as though the fiberboard baffles and ceramic blanket aren't even in the stove. If I am right the "baffle" that is showing and warped is the piece welded in that directs the air wash over the door glass. The stove is only around twenty minutes from me. And will stay around twenty minutes away from me. For fifty bucks I would haul it in just to see what it would take to save it but not for over a hundred.

Of course it should give us all pause to reflect and wonder what our steel stoves will look like in ten years. Of course by then I will be seventy and drooling in front of the fake electric fireplace with the foil logs and colored light wheel at "The Home". Babbling about wondering why Craig and Elk and Gunner and everybody else never come to see me or writes.

And wondering if karl's Summit insert is still out in the hall and if TruePatriot installed a chrome plated barrel stove in his house and grabbing people by the sleeve as they walk by and telling them about the really neat wood stoves I used to have. "That Englander would burn for four days with just four splits of oak. Oh and did I tell ya about the one before it. Here, pull up that chair over there and I will tell ya about hearth.com back in the days of the Internet."

BrotherBart said:
It looks as though the fiberboard baffles and ceramic blanket aren't even in the stove. If I am right the "baffle" that is showing and warped is the piece welded in that directs the air wash over the door glass. The stove is only around twenty minutes from me. And will stay around twenty minutes away from me. For fifty bucks I would haul it in just to see what it would take to save it but not for over a hundred.

Of course it should give us all pause to reflect and wonder what our steel stoves will look like in ten years. Of course by then I will be seventy and drooling in front of the fake electric fireplace with the foil logs and colored light wheel at "The Home". Babbling about wondering why Craig and Elk and Gunner and everybody else never come to see me or writes.

And wondering if karl's Summit insert is still out in the hall and if TruePatriot installed a chrome plated barrel stove in his house and grabbing people by the sleeve as they walk by and telling them about the really neat wood stoves I used to have. "That Englander would burn for four days with just four splits of oak. Oh and did I tell ya about the one before it. Here, pull up that chair over there and I will tell ya about hearth.com back in the days of the Internet."
Alot of spuk in you boy,You will be here till atleast 100. :lol:

My 2100i had a metal baffle plate-a lot harder to take out and put in than a fiber model, but this one might be especially hard.

The patina is like of my '94 VW Golf that got torched in the driveway.

Looks like a good smoker candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.