Quad 4100i info please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chrisrappl

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Looking at a 4 year old 4100i.
Can't find any information as to original cost.
Trying to figure out what it is worth used compared to new with tax credit.
I believe the 4100i is discontinued.
It needs blower repair and ...?
I also will need to remove it and most probably need to buy a larger surround.
May not make sense but if the price is right, maybe.

I’m just taking a stab at the list price Somewhere around 3000+$? If the firebox was in good shape I’d pay 1200$ For that it better be in really good shape if it needs a blower and a new surround and you have to move it. The used wood stove market in central NC I have found to be a crap shoot. We are in Maine this week and I have been shopping for used stoves and inserts. A lot more selection but a lot of junk too. I have decided that it’s cheaper to get a budget insert (Drolet 1800i) that doesn’t get a rebate, than it is is to get a more expensive one with the rebate or even a used stove that doesn’t need work.
Evan

Evan,
Thanks for the reply.
I have actually been looking at the Drolet Escape 1800 Trio from Cosco for $1,499 including the larger surround and the SS flex liner.
I have to believe that the Quad is a better stove, but if the Drolet functions properly and is safe, it may make the most sense.

Evan,
Thanks for the reply.
I have actually been looking at the Drolet Escape 1800 Trio from Cosco for $1,499 including the larger surround and the SS flex liner.
I have to believe that the Quad is a better stove, but if the Drolet functions properly and is safe, it may make the most sense.
I think the quad looks better and I spent quite a bit for looks on my first stove and I’d do it again. The 1800i from what I have read is a solid heater and that Costco price will win the value battle hands down. Your climate isn’t super cold. I can burn two full cords in Wilmington heating 2000 sq ft, granted it wasn’t high btu wood. Thanks Florence…. Last fire this year was March 22nd. If you want to heat 70-80% with wood I’d seriously consider a blazeking unless you didn’t want the catalytic converter. Tax credit makes attractive. Still twice the cost of the 1800i. I’ve given this lots of thought. If your budget is over 3000-3500$ you have some good options. Under 3000$ it’s basically the 1800i or wait for a used stove. If your opening is 29” or higher you can tuck a short stove (not An insert) in there. It gives you more options on the used market. A lot depends on how much you want to heat. If this is your first wood burning appliance get your wood now. Don’t be picky. Poplar and pine If split now single row stacked in the sun and top covered has a chance to be ready to burn in December. Oak will take two full summers.