quad 5700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbore

Dec 11, 2007
Northeast PA
Today I placed an order for a Quadrafire 5700 along with a 24' Class A Chimney. I narrowed my choices down to the Jotul 600, Lopi Liberty, VC Defiant, and the Quad 5700. I also considered the Englander; however, I'm not much of a "do it yourselfer". After browsing this forum for about a month and reading hundreds of postings, I made a well informed decision. The Quad dealer was down to earth and provided a competitive price. My home is just under 2000 sq. ft. plus an unfinished insulated basement. I would like to thank this site along with the members for all the help and hope to add valuable discussions in the future. Ten days and counting for delivery and installation!

Congrats fullbore on the new stove. I have newly installed 5700 and I am liking it. Nice big, deep firebox! I burn black cherry, black locust (one of the best woods) and easily get 8-10 hr burns without trying. Keep us posted with the install progress. It's kind of nice to have pics too as it is going in. Is this a dealer install?

A friend of mine put that unit in his 2800sq ft ranch last year and after 3 weeks said "I'm pert-near ready to throw that #@#@#@ out the window!" His wife stopped him and now he loves it. LEARNIG CURVE. THe thing is huge but looks small in his eqaully huge house.

Yes, it is a dealer install (chimney and stove). Although I have three Stihls, I'm gonna buy 2 cords of seasoned wood. I have about a cord of seasoned pine on my property but I'll use that before it gets too cold and later in the spring. I didn't really plan on buying a stove this year so I'm behind on the firewood supply. I'll probably start cutting and splitting this weekend for next year!

I'll get some pics up as soon as the job is done and I figure out how to post pics...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.