Quad AE blues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auge jam and bad tc fire pot errors. Replaced the photo eye on the auger and the stove worked. Then we were getting min fuel error even withe the hopper cleaned and refilled. Now the bad tc firepot has come back. Could it be that ever sensor in this thing as acting up?

Im not a dealer so i cannot part swap my way out of it. I need something else to go on...is there a dignostic in the wall control whereby i can turn sensors off or override? hELP!

A pc with the AE program can connect to the t-stat and yes you can work each part. Sounds like there might be a programming error. I have never had that issue.

Eric

kinsman stoves [email said:
[email protected][/email]]A pc with the AE program can connect to the t-stat and yes you can work each part. Sounds like there might be a programming error. I have never had that issue.

Eric

Is this program available to an AE owner??

Yes. From a dealer that has purchased the program for their laptops. They will come out to your house. Plug into the wall control and download the info into your stove. The program is very expensive from what my dealer told me. He bought 5 of them for each field tech he has. I haven't had them do anything with mine yet. He told me that Quad just updated the fuel list and such which adjust burn times and ignitor life.

gonhunting said:
Yes. From a dealer that has purchased the program for their laptops. They will come out to your house. Plug into the wall control and download the info into your stove. The program is very expensive from what my dealer told me. He bought 5 of them for each field tech he has. I haven't had them do anything with mine yet. He told me that Quad just updated the fuel list and such which adjust burn times and ignitor life.

too bad the end user cant buy the software themselves.

Maybe you can for a "SMALL FEE" I believe it would be very expensive. It will be a continuous upgraded software package as they improve burn times and ignitor time and develope more fuel options.

Was my main reason for buying this stove was the talk of upgrades that would be available in the future.

gonhunting said:
Maybe you can for a "SMALL FEE" I believe it would be very expensive. It will be a continuous upgraded software package as they improve burn times and ignitor time and develope more fuel options.

Was my main reason for buying this stove was the talk of upgrades that would be available in the future.

Yes at the cost of a sevice call by the tech.

I like how automatic this stove is but it comes at a cost. I wish I had more control over stuff, like the fan speeds, iginitor times and cleaning schedule.

BIH

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
[email protected][/email]]A pc with the AE program can connect to the t-stat and yes you can work each part. Sounds like there might be a programming error. I have never had that issue.

Eric

Is this program available to an AE owner??

No, dealers only.

Eric

smwilliamson said:
Quad dealers....pm me ill buy a copy.

You will also need the usb to thermostat wire. A custom part.

Eric

[email protected][/email]]
smwilliamson said:
Quad dealers....pm me ill buy a copy.

You will also need the usb to thermostat wire. A custom part.

Eric
Package pricing...ill find a dealer willing to sell it to me....wonder who wants my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.