Quad Castile combustion blower wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DMKNLD

I'm replacing my combustion blower with a Quad OEM blower part # 812-4400. My old blower as well as my manual shows a single blue wire coming off the top spade terminal and a double white wire off the bottom spade terminal, but on the new fan both terminals come out from the same place on the capacitor. Does it matter which one connects where?

Is the new one the same blower and the you are replacing? I would think if you got the right replacement blower that the wiring would be the same as the one you took out.

Yes, the replacement blower motor is the one that Quadra Fire recommends, and looks identical to my old one except for where the blue wire and double white wires connect to the motor, with the new motor having pigtailed wire spade connections instead of just the male spade connectors coming off the motor. I'm guessing that since the new motor connections aren't marked, and there's no note about it in the installation instructions, that it shouldn't matter which colored wires go where, but I wanted to confirm this from someone who has put a new motor in.

Is this what you're talking about?

Attachments

• 812-4400-2.jpg
    812-4400-2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 304
Since we are talking AC current it won't matter which way you hook it up.

That's what I figured also, but just wanted to be sure so as to not fry my $180 fan motor fresh out of the box. I'm back up and running and it's burning exponentially more efficient than my old exhaust blower - which I believe is the original blower fan on the 10 y/o Castile we inherited when we bought our farmhouse. Amazing what the correct draft will do for stove efficiency!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.