QUAD CASTILE INSERT FIRE POT REMOVAL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidozer

Mar 11, 2010
western ny
How hard would it be to get the firepot out of the stove.

I saw a post here where someone removed theirs and had it bead blasted and coated.

I would like to do that to mine since I have a bead blaster.

If it's like the free standing, not too bad of a job. There should be two bolts, one on either side of the pot, one does double duty and holds the thermistor housing clamp too. So remove the ash pan and figure out where the nuts for those bolts are, you'll also need to disconnect the ash dump on the bottom of the pot. This is pretty straight forward, I just remove the cotter pin on the linkage of the ash dump. Oh, almost forgot, get the ignitor out of there also, loosen the wing nut and slip it out of the housing. Carefull with the ignitor and the ceramic cover for the thermistor, they can break. You will need a new pot gasket, get this before hand. Like I mentioned, I think the free standing and the insert are pretty similiar but I can't be sure without looking at one.

thanks for the info, sounds pretty staright forward.

I bought the stove used last spring, been trying to learn everything I can about it.
Just want to make sure everything is clean and up to snuff before I set it in the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.