Quad Castile (insert) question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Any stove owners experiencing whistling or howling noises coming from the burn pot when stove is running? Any noises or rattles, drive me NUTS. Im working on the rattles. Any remedies?

the whisitling noise is most likely a feed adjustment will fix the ratteling you may want to try leaveling the the unit.

Been there, done that! If you search 'howl', you'll find a thread I posted a couple years back on my free standing Castile. It's from the combustion pulling air through the pot, mine settled down after some use. Is this a new stove? Does it only do it when it first fires up and then quit? Rattles are another issue, keep chasing them down. I used a variety of things including silicone and those little felt foot pads for chairs on hardwood, those worked the best.

I checked your old post and someone suggested drilling another hole in the pot. Its funny because when the sales person gave me the Improved air flow kit, he asked me if I wanted the tech to come out and install it. He said its easy to install but I think he may have to drill one hole. It may be a hole that needs to be drilled in the pot. Maybe the air flow kit and the additional hole will help the howling. Ill find out. These guys seem to be very helpful.

Please keep me posted on the kit, I'm curious about that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.