Quad Castile Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you hitting reset while its running??

If the flame is only 4" above pot with gate wide open. Then leave it.

But the only time you will EVER need to hit reset, is if you run out of pellets in the hopper. This is basically a Prime button.

But NEVER hit it during normal operation.

Reactions: tjnamtiw

But the only time you will EVER need to hit reset, is if you run out of pellets in the hopper. This is basically a Prime button.

Makes 'em go whoom whoom whoom.

I guess I meant brand, as 5 flat blacks next to each other are markedly different IMO.

Ohhh now I get what you mean.

They were out of stove bright so I used rustoleum 1200 degree heat black.

Usually I use stove bright, but the paint is pretty nice.

Yea guess im used to my P61

The flame in that stove hits the heat exchanger accordian, prolly like a 15 inch flame.

The flame in the quad is much lower. Guess its cause the burn pot is so deep.

Yea guess im used to my P61

The flame in that stove hits the heat exchanger accordian, prolly like a 15 inch flame.

The flame in the quad is much lower. Guess its cause the burn pot is so deep.

Also, keep in mind that your Harmon has double the BTU rating of this Quad.

I too purchased a 2001 Castile. Works great but needs the door gasket replaced. I can't seem to find any information on replacing the gasket for my vintage as it has tabs and no rods. Any instructions, comments, links would be greatly appreciated! I also read where one of the fine members of this forum emailed the correct owners manual for the 2001 model. Is there anyway I could get a copy if this as well?

FYI your stove turned out awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.