1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Quad Castile Vacuum Hose Termination

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by peirhead, Apr 6, 2013.

1. peirhead

peirhead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    PEI Canada
    Does anyone know where the vacuum hose terminates in a Quad Castile? Obviously one end of the hose goes to the vacuum switch, but the other end? Looking at mine it appears to go to the top of the auger near where the pellets drop down into the burner pot, but I can't really get in there to be sure. It would be a logical location as vacuum should be present there, and it would help suck the dust and fines away from the vacuum tube.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

All Quads get their vacuum feed from the the underside of the feed motor chute.

See pic of my Santa Fe

Click pic to Enlarge:

Attached Files:

3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Isn't there a panel that can be removed to get to it? My Classic Bay has a panel that has 3 screws in it. Remove them and pull the hose from the switch and blow through it to clean fines from the barb area on the auger chute
  4. Bkins

Bkins Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jersey Shore
    The port on my Mt. Vernon, non AE, is about 3/4 of the ways UP on the side of the auger tube.
  5. peirhead

peirhead Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    PEI Canada
    Thanks guys...I have started using a rag to stuff in the drop tube when I am cleaning the stove....while I am vacuuming I also blow compressed air around the heat exchange tubes etc....now I am sure I won't damage the vacuum switch.