Quad Castile Vacuum Hose Termination

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peirhead

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
PEI Canada
Does anyone know where the vacuum hose terminates in a Quad Castile? Obviously one end of the hose goes to the vacuum switch, but the other end? Looking at mine it appears to go to the top of the auger near where the pellets drop down into the burner pot, but I can't really get in there to be sure. It would be a logical location as vacuum should be present there, and it would help suck the dust and fines away from the vacuum tube.

Hello

All Quads get their vacuum feed from the the underside of the feed motor chute.

See pic of my Santa Fe

Click pic to Enlarge:

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 178
Isn't there a panel that can be removed to get to it? My Classic Bay has a panel that has 3 screws in it. Remove them and pull the hose from the switch and blow through it to clean fines from the barb area on the auger chute

The port on my Mt. Vernon, non AE, is about 3/4 of the ways UP on the side of the auger tube.

Thanks guys...I have started using a rag to stuff in the drop tube when I am cleaning the stove....while I am vacuuming I also blow compressed air around the heat exchange tubes etc....now I am sure I won't damage the vacuum switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.