Quad castille insert.... I can't run it on HI fan speed (3) without popping the overfire breaker?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewerpete

Jul 21, 2008
Eastern Mass
OK.. here's the deal.
The Castille insert has three fans speeds low med and hi.

The fan speed controls how fast the fans blow across the hear exchangers, but apparrently it also controls the auger feed rate.

There are times when I want to crank it up, but after an hour or two in the HI setting... inevitably the stove shuts down.

There is a temperature sensitive "breaker" that trips when the temps get too high.

I suspect the analogy is as follows:

Assume you have a rotary grass fertilizer spreader.. the fan speed controls how fast you walk and in turn how fast the wheels and spreader wheel turns.

I need to figure out how to control how much fertilizer comes out of the hole...ie. how many pellets fall into the auger.

I see a rod in the hopper that looks like it may be the adjustment I need.... anyone else have this problem and did you conquer it?

thnx
bp

AHHH I see said the blind man... ;-)

here is the silver nugget I was looking for...
thnx!

bp

Attachments

• augerfeedadjust.jpg
    augerfeedadjust.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 257
And , if it doesn't move up and down freely, follow the rod down into the hopper and you will find a screw that needs to be loosened in order for the rod to work properly. I found that out this morning.HTHs

Status
Not open for further replies.