Quad Castrile Insert- Nuisance Start ups

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyF

Oct 7, 2008
Maine
I'm starting the 2nd season with my Quad Castile Insert. Worked fine all last Winter. At start up last month I had to have the Smart Batt-II remote thermosat replaced as the transmitter and receiver were not communicating properly.

Now the Smart Batt-II seems to be working fine; but now I'm experiencing what I would call "nuisance start ups": the stove start up sequence starts, the red call lights comes on, pellets feed from the hopper to the fire pot. Then the call light goes off and the stove goes into shut down mode.

During the above sequence the inside temp, as shown on the Smart Batt transmitter, is above the trigger temperature; and the the operating mode, as shown on the transmitter, remains "Thermo Off".

This oddity doesn't seem to be co0vered in the trouble shooting section of the operating manual. Can anyone out there tell me what is going on? Do I have a defective control box?

Status
Not open for further replies.