quad cb 1200fs won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cedarman

Jan 13, 2013
i have a 2003 quad 1200 fs that is not working never had any problems untill now
thursday the auger quit working red call light was on exhaust blower was on no pellets in burn pot
pushed reset auger wouldn't start jumped vacuum switch and #2 snapdisc checked #3 snapdisc ok
pushed reset auger won't start pulled auger out wired direct to 120v auger works called quadrafire
they though it was the control box so i brought a control box srv7000-205 installed it and ran the
diagnostic mode everything works so i set the control at setting #1 for cb1200 pushed the reset and
exhaust blower comes on auger starts drops pellet in burnpot ignitor won't heat up so i pulled the ignitor
wired direct to 120v ignitor heats right up. can anybody tell me what could be wrong?
thanks

There is a fuse in the control box for the ignitor. It is the only fuse inside the box. I would check that and make sure it has one. Did the ignitor come on in diagnostic mode?

yes the ignitor came on for ten secs got too hot to touch but didn't glow red i don't know how hot it's suppose to get in the test mode

This is sounding like a bad thermocouple.

This is sounding like a bad thermocouple.

Your ignitor didn't come on? Did it?

If so, it may be the T/C. Hook leads of T/C up to Multi Meter and add heat. Watch the resistance.

Or unplug stove, plug back in. What color light is coming from the control box? (Blue? Amber?)

no the ignitor does not come on when i unplug and replug the stove i get 6 flashes of blue light and then solid red light
the company i brought the control box from said if the t/c is bad the ignitor won't work
any way i brought a new t/c i'll let you know what happens next

no the ignitor does not come on when i unplug and replug the stove i get 6 flashes of blue light and then solid red light
the company i brought the control box from said if the t/c is bad the ignitor won't work
any way i brought a new t/c i'll let you know what happens next

That is true and the red light coming on solid when the stove is cold means the thermocouple is bad. Make sure you pay attention to which wire goes to what contact. The have to be correct or you will have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.