Quad Gasket in 25PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexrules

Oct 6, 2012
It's finally a little warmer today and I just pulled the exhaust blower on my PDVC. When I went to my drawer to get the new gasket I can't find a blower gasket. I went to the local stove shop and picked up a quad blower gasket (PN 812-4710) to use. The holes do line up, but it is not the same material as the Englander gasket, it is more like rubber.

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to use this gasket?

The standard for Exhaust Blower gaskets is a white Lytherm gasket (Almost like a felt material) good for up to 1,000 degrees.

That is kind of a catch 22,as quad blowers have that extra outside blower wheel,just next to where the mount plate is,keeps it cooler.At worse case it will slowly overheat with time.

The standard for Exhaust Blower gaskets is a white Lytherm gasket (Almost like a felt material) good for up to 1,000 degrees.
That's why I am asking. The gasket from the quad dealer is a reddish color and is more like rubber. It as labeled as the correct part number and description and it does indeed fit. Can anyone with a quad verify that this is the correct material?

Yes it should be fine on a quad,is accepted replacement.Do not think I would put it on another type of stove,though.

Guess it is a little RTV for tonight until I get the correct gasket from Englander this week.

Hi temp rtv is fine,anyway,but does make for a noisier motor,can be hard to get back off.Have used it before,matter of fact mine is rtv ed in right now,forgot to order spare gasket last time!(have 2 now)

Find a local HVAC store and get the Lytherm sheets to make your own gaskets.

Reactions: Ktm300
its possible (don't know however for sure) the "rubber" gasket you referred to is a "silicone" gasket if you can find out the temp rating see if its rated at 600F or higher, if it is then it should do just fine as no pellet stove exhaust should be more than 500F plus ambient temp.

its possible (don't know however for sure) the "rubber" gasket you referred to is a "silicone" gasket if you can find out the temp rating see if its rated at 600F or higher, if it is then it should do just fine as no pellet stove exhaust should be more than 500F plus ambient temp.
I agree,mike,but people on here disagreed with me(I tested stoves at flange) so better to err on safe side.Was going to make one for integra but could only find silicone material rated at about 450.

One test, is after installing the silicone gasket and it smells then I would not use it. I tried a silicone gasket rated for 500 Degs and it did not smell good so I took it out and put in a white Lytherm. Silicone gaskets seem to be fine for room or convection blowers but do not seem to be rated high enough from my experience for exhaust blowers.

Ecotecks use silicone gasket on the combustion blower... not sure of the temp rating on them though.

The red gasket is reusable.

It's factory made for the Quad, it has to be rated for vent use. Quad is not a inexpensive stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.