Quad Isle Royale Redux

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
After carefully considering a lot of different options, I've decided to remain with the Quad
Isle Royale contingent at hearth.com. Next Monday, my current stove is getting moved to
the new house where it will join up with ten cords of wood that I finally finished moving.

Along with the Isle Royale's move, which is going downstairs in the walkout lower level, member jtp10181's crew will be installing a Quad 2700 insert in the upstairs living room.

I'm going to be ready for the cold next winter.

Probably a good idea. Live with the house for a few years before considering major remodel work. How many cords of wood are waiting to fuel the dual quads?

You should've given me a call to help you get that moved. (of course, a few pieces of that prime hickory may have accidently stayed in the bed of my truck. ;-)

jtp is an outstanding fellow. Got me out of a bind last week out of the goodness of his heart.

BeGreen said:
Probably a good idea. Live with the house for a few years before considering major remodel work. How many cords of wood are waiting to fuel the dual quads?

So far, I've got five ready-to-go cords in the 3 sided pole shed, and five more in a heap behind the pole shed for 2011-2012. I still need to move the stacks from my woodlot over to the new house. It's a much better situation than previously. All of my wood is out of sight from the neighbors. Should be no more problems in that regard. Photos to come as soon as I can borrow my daughter's camera.

wendell said:
You should've given me a call to help you get that moved. (of course, a few pieces of that prime hickory may have accidently stayed in the bed of my truck. ;-)

jtp is an outstanding fellow. Got me out of a bind last week out of the goodness of his heart.

Jtp is a busy fellow these days, basically doing two full time jobs for fireside. After a winter of not doing much, it was kind of fun to move the wood. You'll have to come up and check out the new place sometime.

I would be honored!

Status
Not open for further replies.